A zero waste blog. Join me on my journey as I reduce my waste and move towards a simple, vegan and zero waste lifestyle.

Vegan Christmas Meet Up - Herbivore Kitchen

on
Sunday 17 December 2017
Last night, I had the pleasure of going out for a three course Christmas dinner with some lovely vegan bloggers at The Herbivore Kitchen in Edinburgh. I got to put faces of people I've followed online for a while, and made some new friends in the process. 

If you're used to being the only vegan on a night out then your options can often be limited. I've been to many events and nights out over the years where I've been served fruit salad on a plate for a starter and the same fruit salad in a glass for dessert. Luckily, last night we were treated to a wonderful menu that had multiple vegan options on offer for each course! 

To begin with I had roast butternut round, sweet potato gnocchi and sage cashew cream. It was so delicious that I'm pretty sure I cleared my plate in about 2 minute flat. 


For my main course, I went for wintry beetroot risotto which was also delicious. Most people picked the nut roast, but I wasn't 100% sure I would like it, so I thought this was a safer bet. It was really filling so I ended up leaving a bit of it, but I would happily eat it again for dinner tonight if I could.


My favourite course of the night was always going to be pudding which was a chocolate yule arctic roll. It tastes just like a Terry's chocolate orange which I have eaten for almost five years, so it was hard for it not to be my favourite of the three courses. However, everything I ate at the meal was really tasty and I would happily eat it all again.


We also got a surprise goodie bag filled with lots of vegan treats including cakes, chocolate and shower gel which I will do a separate post on next week when I start tasting everything that was in it.

It was a great dinner with some genuinely lovely people, and I can't wait for the next time we all get together for more tasty vegan food.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment