A zero waste blog. Join me on my journey as I reduce my waste and move towards a simple, vegan and zero waste lifestyle.

The rise of Kombucha

on
Monday 4 September 2017

If there's one drink that everyone is talking about right now it's kombucha.

So what is this mysterious drink? Kombucha is simply fermented tea. I'll admit that the first time I tried it I was a little worried. As someone who doesn't like fermented foods and only recently started drinking fruit tea, I wasn't sure it would be for me. However that has all changed thanks to the wonderful people at Left Field Kombucha.

Left Field Kombucha is Scotland's first kombucha brewery. That's right, Scotland has it's own kombucha brewery!! The drinks are packed with nutrients, vitamins, essential acids, and lots and lots of friendly bacteria. It also tastes delicious. I've tried a few different brands of kombucha so far and this one is hands down my favourite. They also sell it in glass bottles too which fits in well with my own zero waste goals at the moment. And of course, it's vegan friendly too.

There are two different types of drink on offer from Left Field Kombucha -

The No.1 Yunnan Black has a strong earthy flavour and tastes similar to a beer. However if you don't like beer (like me) then don't let that put you off because I still really enjoyed it.

The No.4 Darjeeling Second Flush has a more fruity flavour to it and is my favourite of the two. It is made with teas harvested before the monsoon season which really does sound as cool as you think it does.

If you haven't jumped on the kombucha bandwagon yet, then you really need to give this drink a try. Not only does it taste great, but it's also good for you too. I mean what's not to like about that.

You can pick it up in so many places in Edinburgh including my favourites Real Foods and Hanover Healthfoods. Plus, Juice Warrior sell it on tap!

Have you tried kombucha before? I'd love to know what you thought.






Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment