A zero waste blog. Join me on my journey as I reduce my waste and move towards a simple, vegan and zero waste lifestyle.

Hello 2018

on
Monday 1 January 2018
I can't believe it's 2018 already. It feels like the last twelve months just flew by in the blink of an eye, and now we're back at the beginning of a brand new year.

Personally, 2017 was a pretty great year. I turned 30 which I might not have liked much at the time, but I feel a lot more settled in my thirties now, even if I'm still in denial about it. Other highlights of the year include:
  • Making some great new friends (A special shout out goes to Nicole who has become my best vegan hillwalking buddy).
  • Climbing more Munros, some of which gave me sunburn and others were so windy I could barely stand at the top.
  • Visiting Copenhagen for the second time and getting to watch Bon Iver live despite getting caught in the worst rain of the year at the festival.
  • Writing, Writing, Writing! I started reviewing theatre shows for All Edinburgh Theatre which gave me the opportunity to immerse myself in the Fringe for the first time in years. I also wrote blogs for work and Huffington Post.
  • And finally, I met someone in the summer who unexpectedly turned the later half of this year into the best yet. 
My plan for 2018 is to make more time for the things I love which for me is all about friends, family, travel, writing, reading, hillwalking and eating all vegan food.

Here's to making 2018 the best year yet!
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment