A zero waste blog. Join me on my journey as I reduce my waste and move towards a simple, vegan and zero waste lifestyle.

The Herbivore Kitchen

on
Sunday 27 August 2017

Last weekend I visited The Herbivore Kitchen for the first time, and had the most amazing pancakes and milkshake that I've ever had.

The Herbivore Kitchen is a vegetarian and vegan friendly café in Edinburgh. The majority of the menu is actually vegan so there's lots of dishes to pick from. I'd like to think over time it might become a fully vegan café, especially given there's so many cheese and egg alternatives that could be swapped in just three of the dishes that are non-vegan.

I opted for Herbivore Cranachan Pancakes which were topped with Coconut Yoghurt, Grilled Pineapple & Passionfruit. They were so delicious and if I hadn't been so full after eating them, then I would have happily ordered another plate. I also had an Oreo and Biscoff Milkshake!! Having never drank cow's milk, I only had my first milkshake (non-dairy of course) last year, but the one I had at The Herbivore Kitchen was by far the best I've ever tasted.

There's lots of other delicious looking things on the menu too from sandwiches and salads to more pancakes and hot dishes. They also have a selection of cakes on the counter and I can highly recommend their Cinnamon Buns which tasted really good.

It's a great new addition to Edinburgh's growing vegan scene, and I'm looking forward to visiting again soon.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment