A zero waste blog. Join me on my journey as I reduce my waste and move towards a simple, vegan and zero waste lifestyle.

DIY Himalayan Face Scrub

on
Monday 18 September 2017

There are so many recipes for making your own face scrubs, but this one is my favourite at the moment because it's so simple.

I've used lots of face scrubs over the years and more recently I had been using the St. Ives apricot one, but in reality it's not the best for your skin. It's one of those products that uses the word 'natural' but is full of unnatural ingredients. It's also quite harsh on your skin, so I'm not sure how much good it was doing.

So I decided it was time to experiment with making my own face scrub. I looked at lots of different salt and sugar scrub recipes, but this recipe (if you can even call it a recipe) caught my eye because it's so simple. The only two ingredients you need are Himalayan pink salt and coconut oil.

The Himalayan pink salt is great for your skin because it's draws all the toxins out and coconut oil balances it by acting as moisturiser. You just need to be be careful not to scrub too hard.

If you want to make your own Himalayan face scrub then you just need to mix a few spoonfuls of coconut oil with some salt until you have the consistency that best works for you. If you have sensitive skin then you may want to use a bit less salt, but other than that it's pretty straight forward.

Do you have any recipes for your own DIY face scrubs? Let me know in the comments below.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment