A zero waste blog. Join me on my journey as I reduce my waste and move towards a simple, vegan and zero waste lifestyle.

Juice Warrior & Eco Straws

on
Sunday 20 August 2017

I want to do a series of posts on this blog about restaurants, shops and companies that do their bit to cut down on waste. The more I get into the zero waste lifestyle, the more I will discover new companies and I want to share as many of them as possible with you.

So to start things off, I thought I would talk about two different companies - Juice Warrior and Eco-Straws.

I've been a Juice Warrior fan for a while now. They sell raw juices, smoothies, salads and cakes. I first discovered them at a vegan festival in Glasgow, but they have since opened up a shop in Edinburgh. The picture above is their flamingo smoothie which is made from pineapple, strawberry, beetroot and ginger. It has a pretty big kick to it, but it's also delicious. And of course, comes in the prettiest pink colour.

Not only does Juice Warrior make and sell amazing food and drink, but they have the a great attitude to waste. They sell their raw juices in glass bottles and use BPA-free PET packaging for food items and smoothies. PET can be easily recycled and it's not a virgin material. They have a great blog about their thoughts on packaging here which will give you more detail about their policies.

The shop also has stainless steel straws to buy to encourage people to stop using plastic straws. The straw in the photo above is actually from eco-straws, a great company that sells lots of different types of reusable straws. I'd say that plastic straws are probably my biggest vice when it comes to plastic, especially since I enjoy a mojito when I'm out, but I have found that eco-straws are helping me cut down. However, I have noticed more and more bars with signs up encouraging people not to take a plastic straw, so the moment to cut down is definitely growing.

Is there any companies you would like to recommend? I'd love hear about places that are working towards reducing the waste they use.

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment