A zero waste blog. Join me on my journey as I reduce my waste and move towards a simple, vegan and zero waste lifestyle.

Zero waste teeth cleaning routine

on
Saturday 29 July 2017

I'll be the first to admit that I was pretty sceptical about making my own toothpaste. I thought it would taste horrible and not clean my teeth as much as the store bought toothpastes I was used to using. However let me tell you that my teeth have never felt cleaner!! It only took me a few minutes to make and there's no way that I will ever use store bought toothpaste again.

To make this toothpaste I used three ingredients!
  • 3 tablespoons coconut oil
  • 1.5 tablespoons baking soda
  • 30 drops of peppermint essential oil
All you need to do is mix all the ingredients together and you have your very own toothpaste. You might want to play around with the mixture a bit as does take a few days to get used to the baking soda, but otherwise it's perfect. If it's still too much, then you can just add more coconut oil.

I also ditched plastic toothbrushes about six months ago and have been using a Humble Brush ever since. The toothbrushes are handmade from 100% biodegradable sustainably-grown bamboo and comes in a box made from recycled materials and even the wrapper inside is made from plants and is compostable. If that wasn't enough, for every toothbrush sold a child receives a toothbrush or alternative oral care. Have you ever heard of a better toothbrush?

So that's my simple zero waste teeth cleaning routine. I hope it helps you on your zero waste journey.



Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment