A zero waste blog. Join me on my journey as I reduce my waste and move towards a simple, vegan and zero waste lifestyle.

Zero Waste Makeup Remover

on
Saturday 26 August 2017


I used to use makeup wipes all the time. I'd use one at night to remove all my makeup and then another again in the morning because I usually had some mascara or eyeliner left that always managed to end up on my pillow too. That's A LOT of wipes and I don't even want to attempt to think about how many I've used in my lifetime.

So about a month ago, I decided to completely change my makeup removing routine. I now use coconut oil and these washable organic cotton pads which I bought from Lastingthings on Etsy. The pads came in a pack of 8 and they're so soft and feel really nice against my skin. At the end of the week, I simply throw them all in the wash and they're clean and ready to use again.

It's simple, cheap and is helping the environment at the same time. I just wish I'd switched to this makeup removal routine much sooner.

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment