A zero waste blog. Join me on my journey as I reduce my waste and move towards a simple, vegan and zero waste lifestyle.

Zero Waste Shopping

on
Sunday 29 October 2017

I've been using reusable shopper bags like this one for years, long before I had even knew what zero waste meant.

In Scotland, there's been a 5p charge on single-use plastic carrier bags since 2014, but even before then I carried around one of these shoppers. I've had a fair few over the years but this green one is my current favourite. I picked it up from Chiaralascura at a vegan festival last year. It's really thick material and has a clasp on it to keep it closed. I would estimate that I probably carry this bag around pretty much every single day without fail. It's always in the bottom of whatever bag I'm using just in case I need to pick up some shopping.

If you're trying to cut down on plastic or take some steps to becoming zero waste then this is probably one of the easiest things you can do. Plus, if you like in the UK then it's going to save you money in the long run if you keep having to purchase single use carrier bags.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment